New Home Builds, House Renovations, Hard Landscaping & Project Management
We have the skills and experience to successfully complete your building project. Whether you want a new home built, or your existing property renovated, we’ll work with you to make sure you get the quality result you’re looking for. As well, we can undertake house additions and alterations from small to complex, and complement changes to your house with a new driveway, deck, or fence.
New home builds
As the main contractor and project manager on new home builds from start to finish, Robbie focuses on establishing a good relationship with his clients, and communicating effectively from the outset about all aspects of the job.
Robbie calls in approved sub-contractors to do work when required, including electricians, plumbers, glaziers and plasterers. He’s responsible for the health and safety of everyone on the site.
You may prefer to revamp or restore your existing home rather than buy a new house. We specialise in all areas of renovation work, both interior and exterior:
- bathroom and kitchen upgrades
- repair your existing roof or install a new one
- refurbish rooms
- flooring renovations.
If you’re giving your entire house a facelift, we’ll advise you every step of the way – keep in mind that hidden problems can sometimes come to light when wall or floor boards are taken off. We will keep you informed if additional structural building work is noticed during the demolition phase.
House additions and alterations
Need a new deck for your next summer barbeque? A fence for improved privacy? Or do you want to earn additional income and build a small studio to let out? Whatever you need, we can manage any small to medium-sized house alteration or addition job. The work we can undertake on your property includes:
- add a deck to your home, with stairs for garden access
- build a smart new fence down the side of your property
- extend your home and increase its value by adding a bathroom or bedroom
- build a small flat for boarders, guests or airbnb visitors
- remove or adjust internal walls
- refurbish or install new cabinetry
- install skylights
- tiling in bathrooms, kitchens, laundries
- general repairs or maintenance.
We can put the finishing touch to your home by building outdoor hardscape features such as decks, fences, driveways, paths, terracing, pergolas, garages, rock walls, and retaining walls.
Robbie Bowman can project manage the entire building process from start to finish. We have set subcontractors (plasterers, painters, electricians, glaziers, etc) we call in and work collaboratively with on your home. Robbie can assist you with building consents, resource consents and council inspections to ensure all building work complies with regulations and will meet Building Code standards. Using Bowman Building to manage your building work will take many of the hassles out of the whole building process. Your architect will love working with a switched-on building contractor.
- An initial site visit with the homeowner to discuss project scope and design.
- Go over whether you need building consent, resource consent or other permits.
- Discuss products, materials, required subcontractors, project management, estimated costs and completion timeframe.
- Quote sent through to homeowner once all required information regarding project requirements have been received.
- Contract written up for all medium to large scale construction projects.